The Corporation of the Town of Shelburne’s Youth Advisory Committee will provide a meaningful and constructive voice for the youth of Shelburne, while advising Council on important social, recreational, and lifestyle issues concerning the Town’s younger population.
It is the vision of the Youth Advisory Committee to provide an effective and meaningful communication link between the youth of Shelburne and Council and to encourage the development of opportunities, programs, and services that will enhance the quality of life, health, and well-being of the youth in our community.
The purpose of the YAC is five-fold:
1. To keep Council informed on important matters affecting youth in Shelburne;
2. To act as a positive advocate for youth in Shelburne;
3. To actively seek input from youth on important matters affecting them;
4. To support events and activities sponsored by the YAC that relate to the mandate;
5. To provide leadership experience for Shelburne’s young people.